Attics can capture the heat that we generate in the home below. In the winter, this isn’t much of a problem. However, in summer, it can reduce your home’s energy efficiency, make it harder to cool and cause other issues. How can you remove hot air from your attic?
Whole House Fans
Whole house fans are the perfect solution to move hot air out of your attic and increase energy efficiency. We can install a fan system in your attic that will refresh the air in your entire home. Not only will it remove the hot air from your attic, but it can also solve other issues with your home, including smells, humidity, and more.
Our whole house fans are installed in the ceiling just below your attic. They will draw more hot air from your home into the attic and outside. When the temperature is lower outside, the air pressure difference will draw air into your home. This can help cool your home in spring, fall and when the temperature drops on summer nights.
Why Remove Hot Air from Your Attic?
If you can remove hot air from your attic, you may see the following benefits:
- Fix heat coming from the ceiling: Over-hot attics can radiate heat down from the ceiling and make your home much less comfortable. A whole house fan will fix this issue.
- Reduce air conditioner stress: With a whole home fan your air conditioner won’t have to work as hard. This will help it stay functional and efficient for longer and can reduce your repair costs too.
- Protect your roof: Heat from the attic can negatively affect the shingles in your roof. Heat can make them crack, curl, and even dry out. All of these issues can reduce their lifespan and lead to leaks.
- Be kinder to the environment: When you use less energy to keep your home cool, you make less of an impact on the environment.
Other Benefits of Whole House Fans
Whole house fans provide more benefits than just removing hot air from your attic. These benefits can include:
- Removing excess humidity: Hot summer conditions often drive up the humidity in our homes. Plus, your bathroom and kitchen can generate excess humidity too. Not only can access humidity spur on mold growth and damage wood and fabrics, it can also make your home feel warmer and more uncomfortable in the summer. Removing excess humidity can make your home significantly more comfortable.
- Refresh your air: In the summer, our homes can feel stuffy. Smells from the kitchen can collect allergens from outside, dust, and more. Whole home fans can refresh your air, remove these contaminants, and make stepping into your home a much more pleasant experience.
- Get cooler quietly: Whole house fans don’t make much noise, especially as compared to air conditioners. If you’re bothered by noise, a whole house fan can help you.
Reach out to your HVAC professionals today to get a whole house fan and fix your hot attic problem overnight.